Beginning with the Absolute Zero Team Toronto’s participating in the Helsinki Energy Challenge, economic development offices in both cities have been exploring opportunities for greater clean energy cluster cooperation and collaboration between Toronto and Finland.
The Toronto region and Finland have many similarities:
- Our population size is about the same (GTA: 6.2 million; Finland: 5.5 million)
- We are both northern communities with similar climates (Mean annual temperature Helsinki: 6.1oC; Toronto: 8.7oC)
- We both sit beside large nations that have extensive political spheres of influence
- Our cost of living and GDP/capita are similar
- And of course we both are pretty good at hockey!
More information will be posted here shortly on collaboration opportunities.
Stay In Touch
Sign up to receive information on the Toronto Clean Energy Partnership, including announcements on how you can get involved.